Tuesday, December 15, 2009

class offerings jan, feb, march 2010

Hello all, here are my class offerings for Jan, Feb and March 2010. I have also included a discription of what the class is all about. The class size is limited to 4 people and it is $65 per student. They go from 10:30 am to 3:30 PM. It includes use of studio equipment, dyes and written/oral instruction for me. The FUN is free!

Dye 101 is for dyers without much experience. It is an introductory class for Acid Dyes with protein fibers. I will provide 12 to 15 different pre-mixed dyes (different colors) for the sudents to use on yarn. Students can either purchase a sock yarn from me or they can bring their own yarn to dye. (dyeable yarns can be purchased at LYS, Dharma trading company,Webbs or knitpicks ) There will be enough time to dye up to 1 LB (450 grams) of yarn or more.

Jan 2 (sat)
Jan 15 (fri)
Feb 13 (sat)
march 12 (fri)

Advance dye is for students who have studied with me or who are very familiar with the acid dye process. It is an indepth look of what we can do with roving, yarn and/or silk. I will work with the students on understanding color mixing and finishing techniques for any kind of project they might be thinking of. It is rather like an independent study with guidance from a professional dyer.

Jan 15 (sat
feb 20(sat)
March 19 (fri)

email me at galesart@mindspring.com or call 404 457 4015 if you want to reserve your spot gale

No comments: