Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shop Hopping Atlanta Style

Hello my blog readers! I apologize for the delay in bringing you the news from the Planet Gale but I have been busy, busy, busy. I had 2 classes full of wonderful students over the weekend and we dyed our little brains out. I am happy to say that a few of them have emailed me to say the roving and yarn looks great- makes a teacher proud. I have also been getting wholesale orders for Knitch, Whole Nine yarns and Loopy Ewe too so my plate runnith over!
But everyone needs a day off so I went out yesterday and did the Shop Hop.
If you haven’t heard of it, here is the web site. http://www.shophopatlanta.blogspot.com/ Kermit (my green Honda Element) cruised down the road to the first shop with myself, Sassy Nancy and Eve B. In fact, Kermit was sooooooo excited to go to a yarn store that we got pulled over by Officer P on Highway 78. Bad Kermit, going 67 in a 55 mph zone, bad Kermit!!! But nice Officer P let me off with a warning when I explained about the shop hop and all. Who wouldda thunk, a police man with yarn sympathy? Thanks Officer P! Of course after that we went all around Atlanta and environs in a frantic dash (but still in the speed limit) for all 8 shops and we did it! We started at 9am and finished at 7pm. A total 10 hour blast with lots of laughter, a few junk food stops and many cups of star bucks coffee (for GALE!).
I came home with some sweet stuff, including the new Noro “catwalk” Book 1 which has many neat patterns. Unfortunately, the sweater I really want to try (Matilda) is made in a yarn that Noro has discontinued. Why do they do that? -sigh- The other interesting thing was a yarn from Rowan called Colourscape. (color is spelled funny ’cause it’s furin yarn from England) Cool yarn that appealed to the dyer in me as it was designed by the king of color, Kaffe Fassett. Let me take a moment here to say that here in Atlanta, we do have some awesome LYS and LYS owners! And I am not just saying that in a shameless brown nosing effort to influence them in that $800 prize drawing ..........really............. Gale

No comments: