Thursday, August 28, 2008

cable guy...er....girl

Well, I have a secret confession to make.....I can dye, I can quilt, I can felt and I can spin but I CAN’T KNIT WORTH A HOOT! There I have said it and I feel sooooooo much better. Maybe I should join KA (Knitters Anonymous) but that is probably for people who are hopelessly addicted to knitting. I am more like a special Olympics knitter .... Sigh......I know it sounds a little odd but although I love to spin, my knitting skills leave something to be desired. Someday I might be brave enough to show you all the Quasimodo Sweater, or maybe not. But “never give up and never surrender” is a motto I try to live up to so I vowed to improve my knitting this year. That is why I am happy to show you what I did yesterday..... CABLES!




I found this really neat book at the library called Tweed by Nancy J Thomas last Wednesday on my “art day” and I thunk it was neat! I even learned how to create a tweed yarn on my wheel (but that is for another blog entry). So I came up with the great idea of Spinning some of my own tweed to knit into something. I thought this scarf was just about my style but I have never cabled before.
Enter knitter extraordinaire, Eve B, who came by last Tuesday and showed me how to make a CABLE. Thanks Eve ! (by the way, that Spice cake you accidentally left behind...you will never see it again. Sorry but it was very yummy)
You might notice, gentle reader, that I have placed a smiley face over the model. I would like to say it was to preserve his modesty but really he looked a little creepy on that park bench.... “Hey little girl-want some YARN?” gale

No comments: